Friday, June 6, 2008

Findlay Lake is Up to It's Old Tricks

As I sit in the office watching the pouring Rain come down, the Otter tied to the dock. I feel good that I was able to get my flying done before the weather came. Getting up early sometimes pays off. Good to see some rain as the water level on the lakes is going down and it is dry in the bush. Forest fire season should be delayed for awhile now.

Findlay Lake. I have written about this little piece of heaven numerous times and here we go again. The Tarara Party fished Findlay this past week and were extremely happy. They caught numerous walleyes over 25 inches but commented that they had a walleye in each inch category from small ones to the biggest of the trip measuring a huge 28 inches. And if catching all those Big Walleyes wasn't enough, they even caught a 40 inch Northern! But for a hardcore Walleye fisherman that is small potatoes compared to a 28 inch walleye. :)

Here are some pictures from last week at Cherrington. The Davis Party.







Here is a link to the complete Photo album.
Davis Party Cherrington 2008

Here are a couple of pictures from me.

That is not clouds in the sky... It is smoke! Coming from Manitoba. Forest fires burning far away. Hopefully they will get the rain we are getting.


This guy always rides up front with me. If he sat in the back he would be actually filling that bag. He brings his own but I have never seen him use one. Good to be prepared if you are prone to it. It was perfectly smooth the morning I took them in. Thanks mostly to Mother nature and partially to my piloting abilities there was not a bump in the sky.

No comments: